Rigid geogrids are manufactured by an extrusion and pretension process, which results in significant increases in product strength.
Geogrids can be biaxial, made of polypropylene, or uniaxial, made of polyethylene.
• Reinforcement of the foundation for the construction of roads or railways;
• Increasing the load capacity of the bedding;
• Construction of supporting walls;
• Construction of parking;
• Airport lanes;
• Stabilizing inclined slopes as well as their reinforcement;
• Works where granular materials are used, such as ballast or crushed stone;
• Protection of groundwater and collecting areas.
Among the advantages of using rigid geogrids we can list:
• Reducing deformations of road bedding or foundation;
• Reducing the thickness of the granular layer;
• Increasing the bearing capacity of the weak land;
• The product is compatible with the environment;
• The rigid geogrids cannot be cut off by the sharp edges of the broken stone, a phenomenon which, if produced, would lead to the local loss of bearing capacity produced by using these materials.